- What is VisualizeUs for?
- How does it work?
- Is VisualizeUs free?
- Does VisualizeUs have a limit on the number of bookmarks posted?
- How does the Safe ON / Safe OFF work?
- One of my favorite images appears now as "unsafe". Why?
- How can I contribute to the Safe filter?
- What is the copyright status of a bookmarked picture?
- Can I use a picture for... ?
- How do I claim a copyright?
- I've bookmarked a picture, but I can't see the thumbnail yet. Why?
- Picture acceptance policy
- How do I edit or delete a picture?
- Why my bookmarked pictures from Gmail don't get a thumbnail?
- Why the links to external sites are opened in the same window?
- Why feeds are not fresh sometimes?
- How can I deactivate my account?
- How do I get more help?
What is VisualizeUs for?
VisualizeUs is a web application to remember pictures you like from all over the web. You can say it's a way to bookmark your favorite images and share them with everyone. You can learn more in the About section.Top
How does it work?
It's as easy as pie: you are looking through pictures and one of them catches your eye. With our button there's nothing more to worry about. Two clicks and you will never forget that picture!Top
Is VisualizeUs free?
Yes, everyone can use VisualizeUs for free. The server and infrastructure are supported by the ads displayed on some of the pages on the site. If you want to learn more about the advertising options, please contact us.Top
Does VisualizeUs have a limit on the number of bookmarks posted?
No, there's no such limit. You can bookmark and like all the pictures you want.Top
How does the Safe ON / Safe OFF work?
The Safe For Work filter masks all the content in VisualizeUs flagged as not safe by the users. Some people find it the perfect way to browse visualizeus from their working environments, because they don't have to worry about that kind of content that makes you look nervous over your shoulder.
With the filter turned on, you can still view the content flagged as not safe, but you will have to click on the masked thumbnail to view it.
Remember that the Safe For Work filter is based on the flagged content by the people, so it's not 100% perfect. If you find some unmasked image that you consider as not safe, please contribute by flagging it.Top
One of my favorite images appears now as "unsafe". Why?
Don't take it personal! It's not a big deal. Probably the image you bookmarked has some kind of nudity, or erotic topic or similar, that help to get it flagged that way by the people. If you want to view it unmasked, just turn off the Safe For Work filter, in the header. Read the previous question to find out more about the Safe For Work filter.Top
How can I contribute to the Safe filter?
Two ways: One by flagging favorite pictures of others users you see in VisualizeUs that must fall under the "unsafe" category for you. And two, if you use to bookmark Not Safe For Work pictures, you can set the filter for these pictures by using the special tag "system:unsafe". Even if you don't use yourself the Safe filter, it costs you nothing to add this tag, and will help to the site ;)
Please notice the Safe filter is not giving carte blanche to bookmark any kind of content. Read more in the Community Guidelines.Top
What is the copyright status of a bookmarked picture?
Exactly the same as it was: Bookmarking an image in VisualizeUs does not change its copyright status. Pictures may be under the copyright their owners or authors previously decided. To know more about the author, you should check the original source of the image.Top
Can I use a picture for... ?
As said, the picture may be under its author or owner copyright, so the best answer to this question is: contact directly the author/owner and ask him. We can't help you with that, so your best option is to check the original sources of the image to know more about the author.Top
How do I claim a copyright?
VisualizeUs respects the intellectual property rights of authors. If you want to claim the authorship of a work, please send us a mail containing the following requirements:
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- Identify the material on the VisualizeUs site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website. Providing URLs is the best way for this;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement signed by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
I've bookmarked a picture, but I can't see the thumbnail yet. Why?
To avoid server performance issues, thumbnails are generated periodically. So it's perfectly normal you don't see your just-posted-thumbnails in a short period of time. If you think "short period of time" does not fit your case, maybe something is wrong, so please contact us and let us know!Top
Picture acceptance policy
Sexual explicit pictures are not allowed. Neither are racist, discriminative or xenophobic images. Any picture of this kind will be deleted without previous notification. Also spam pictures are not welcomed.Top
How do I edit or delete a picture?
Go to your bookmarks and just move the mouse over a picture. You will see several icons with the different actions you can do with the picture.Top
Why my bookmarked pictures from Gmail don't get a thumbnail?
Even if you bookmarked a picture as private, the picture must be hosted and accessible by everyone in its original location. In the Gmail case, the Thumbnail Robot can't login into your account and retrieve the image. One patch to this could be to temporary host the image in a service like imageshack.usTop
Why the links to external sites are opened in the same window?
Because we allow you to choose where you want to open them! If you want a link to be opened in a new window, just use your browser functionality for that. Usually Ctrl+click or clicking with the middle button, will do the trick, depending on the browser.Top
Why feeds are not fresh sometimes?
Because of the huge load, feeds are cached and updated twice an hour. That's why in a particular moment you can see a feed out of date. But don't worry, just give them some time!Top
How can I deactivate my account?
You can deactivate your account in your account settings. Please notice deactivating your account will disable your profile and remove all your bookmarks, likes and other information on your account forever.Top
How do I get more help?
If you have more questions, please contact us.Top